FORTUNY AND THE MAGIC LANTERN
2010. Documentary. 58 min. Color.
A coproduction of Acteon with Televisión Española and Disseny HUB Barcelona. With the colaboration of ICIC - Generalitat de Catalunya and Television of Catalunya.
Fortuny and the Magic Lantern is a documentary about the modern cultural contagions between East and West, narrated from the history of the creations - lamps, fabrics and dresses - designed by Mariano Fortuny y Madrazo.
Mariano Fortuny (1871-1947), artist, scenographer and designer, created his works in the first decade of the 20th century, picking up the rich "orientalist" tradition of the 19th century. The lamps and fabrics evoke that imaginary of fabulous and exotic environments of markets, harems and caravans, which his father, the great Spanish painter Mariano Fortuny y Marsal, had contributed to create.
- Best Documentary about Art, PriMed, France 2011
- FIFART Festival International Films Sur l’Art, Montreal 2012
- Design ONScreen Film Festival, New York, Denver, New Zealand 2013
- Milan Design Film Festival 2014
- Best documentary about art at the PriMed Festival, France 2011
- AlJazeera International Documentary Film Festival, 2011