THE SHIFTING CITY
2006. Video installation and film. Three large format projections. placed in a U -shape. 50 min each, color, HD. Three mono channels.
18 monitors made by residents in private or public spaces in the Carmel neighbourhood of Barcelona. 2h15, color, DVD. Two stereo channels each one.
Documentary feature film and video installation
It has its origins in previous experiences in the Carmel neighborhood: Visions of Carmel (December, 2001) photographic exhibition and intervention in the streets of the neighborhood; Strange Looks (November, 2002) short film with the teenagers of the Adsis Foundation; and the video installation produced for the cultural capital of Lille 2004: L'Avenir.
Claudio Zulian and his team worked for six months in the neighborhood with about forty collectives and about fifteen individuals, leaving their image, their voice, or opening the doors of their homes, involving more than a hundred people.
Around the neighborhood there were monitor screens. Some had always been there, in a store, in a school; others were put there by ourselves. You could say that they were windows through which one could see two hours of the life of the neighborhood on February 10th, 2006, filmed without interruption, from 4 to 6 in the afternoon. The neighbors invited us into their homes, workshops, daily occupations, and explained us things of an ordinary day, where the origin and the future are summarized.
A project of ACTEON in co-production with Televisió dee Catalunya (TVC). With the collaboration of Instituto Catalan de las Indústrias Culturales (ICIC), CosmoCaixa and CARMEL AMUNT.
- National Award of Cinema of Catalonia 2010
- Barcelona City Award 2009
- DocsBercelona Festival 2009
- International Film Festival of Orense 2010
- Taiwan International Documentary Festival 2008
- Split Film Festival, Croatia 2008
- Festival Urban TV, La Casa Encendida Madrid, 2008
- Festival of Documentaries and Animation FOK Leipzig, Alemania 2007
- Sichuan TV Festival, China 2007
- Docudays Beirut, Documentary Festival of Beirut, 2007
- Festival Tertio Millennio, Roma, 2007.